Greentech is currently seeking full time seasonal employees for the 2023 season from May to September in the central region of Alberta, Canada. The positions available are Pesticide Applicators and Equipment operators.
Rate of pay: $21-$26/hr starting and overtime
Location: Crossfield, Alberta, Canada
- Hold a high school diploma. Enrolled in a industry related post secondary program is an asset
- Display courtesy, professional and customer service attitude at all times
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends
- Ability to keep neat notes of application records
- Class 5 operators license minimum , and a clean drivers abstract
- Agricultural background is an asset
- Pesticide applicators license is an asset.
Applicators will be responsible for applying herbicides to control invasive weeds on public and private property throughout 5 counties and 12 cities. Application of herbicides to pastures with and without animals present on the same property. Weed inspections for identifying invasive weeds for Weed Notices and control purposes. All employees must follow and comply with safe work practices, procedures and safety requirements outlined in the Industry Standards and Good practices for Vegetation Management, Alberta Environment and WCB.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior customer service to customers and other employees.
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner (ATV's, trucks)
- Mix and apply herbicide to customer's properties using various spraying equipment.
- Detailed record keeping of applied areas will be required
- Perform pre operation and application checks to equipment, along with other safety paperwork requirements.
- Accountable for maintenance and well being of machinery.
- Be physically able to perform tasks as heavy lifting (50lbs) and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages based upon experience ($21-$26/hr + overtime)
- A positive, fun and safe work environment
- Valuable experience in the agriculture & reclamation industry
- The chance to work outside all summer!
These positions will be posted until suitable candidates are found.
All applicants must send resume to: